[kictanet] Voter register on OpenData

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:51:53 EAT 2013

Thats right John, and a good question too from Robert. Maybe this is an
opportunity for an enterprising person to put this data online using the
open data initiative. I am assuming that the IEBC can avail the basic info
or voter register. This could be very critical information to a person
conducting campaigns (and probably opinion polls) and would probably pay
for it.

Evans

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:21 AM, John Gitau <jgitau at gmail.com> wrote:

> i doubt you can have an open voter register. I would personally probably
> have an issue if my voter information was 'opened up' That is quite a bit
> of personal information. a statistical analysis of the data like how many
> voters, from where, maybe their age groups might make its way there, but
> with the iebc so busy I doubt that will happen before the elections....
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone out there know if the new electronically acquired voter
>> register is available in electronic data or on the Open Data platform?
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> Robert Yawe
>> KAY System Technologies Ltd
>> Phoenix House, 6th Floor