[kictanet] KONZA GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY-CONGRATULATIONS

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:53:14 EAT 2013

Two NTV Presenters discussing Konza City noted many are asking if is just a
real estate venture or a really a tech city.

They also noted many software developers work from home or incubation hubs
and are being served well already in Nairobi.

They did not note online services (developed by software engineers) reside
in data centers.

Many data centers now reside in 20 or 40 foot containers.

Do we not need more buildings/towns developed/optimized for such (data
containers)?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/15/data_centre/

http://www.crn.com/news/data-center/229500594/containerized-data-centers-moving-out-of-niche-shadows.htm

Kenya is doing well building infrastructure, now we are moving deeper into
the information age / knowledge economy :)