[kictanet] MOBILE MONDAY IS BACK - 21st

James Muendo james at mobilemonday.co.ke
Thu Jan 17 11:51:16 EAT 2013

2012 was a phenomenal year for Microsoft. We released many new products,
and most importantly we re-imagined Windows – the most popular operating
system ever. We also released Windows Phone 8 which is expected by analysts
to have the highest growth
rate<http://www.neowin.net/news/idc-windows-phone-market-share-up-to-116-percent-by-2016>
in
the coming four years.

With the start of the New Year, one of our resolutions is to keep our
commitment towards the developer community in Africa. And with the new era
of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 stores, we decided to revive Mobile Monday
to show Kenyan developers how to build the best apps for the fastest
growing app store which is Windows Phone 8.

However, the story doesn’t end here because Windows Phone and Windows 8
apps have a lot of similarities and a lot of shared code base. Therefore,
we will give you a glimpse into how easy it is to build Windows 8 apps too.
We will also have a cool demo of
Kinect<http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/discover/features.aspx>,
which has changed the way people play games and experience entertainment

Join us on *Monday, 21st of January* from *6 – 8 pm* at the *iHub* in a
journey of development for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8, along with
announcements for startups and students plus a quick look at Kinect.

Register now<https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032540623&Culture=en-KE&community=0>
- the
seats are limited.

See you on Monday January 21st!  You can also keep in touch with us through
the following channels;

*Twitter: *@microsoftafrica and @AfricaApps

*Facebook Groups*
Microsoft DPE Nigeria<https://www.facebook.com/groups/msdpenigeria/?fref=ts>
Microsoft Developer Evangelism – East and Southern
Africa<https://www.facebook.com/groups/202009779914969/>
AfricaApps <http://facebook.com/africaapps>

*Blog:* AfricaApps Blog

--
James M. Muendo

P.O Box 28016 - 00200,
Nairobi.
Mobile: +254725567508
skype:tim.rick      | Twitter: Mmuendo    | gtalk: timrick