[kictanet] Pesapal, the next big thing

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 20:44:39 EAT 2013

Hi,

A great opportunity has presented itself for a truly home grown technology innovation in the form of Pesapal yet we continue backing up the wrong horses.

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/news/Orange-PesaPal-sign-airtime-deal/-/1006/1660366/-/6vnqjkz/-/index.html

I wish KICTB (iHub) and Nation Media Group (the next big thing) could pull their resources to back something with a track record instead of rewarding compepreneurs.

Safaricom has partnered with KopoKopo to turn MPesa into a point of sale payment platform but what is more important with this development is that the transaction fee can be reduced to a fixed cost in this case 1.5% and also the sharing of the revenue between Safaricom & Kopo Kopo an issue that was previously a no go zone at Safaricom.

This new product is the second death kneel on the mpesa agent business model after the one of the banks, as an mpesa agent we are preparing for the inevitable death proactively.

Like with the newly reduced voice interconnection charges we need a similar model for integrators like PesaPal so that the consumer is not overcharged when using such services as the integrators are forced to charge a fee over and above those already being charged by the mobile money provider which means that they

PesaPal has proven they are not going away and what they need to take off into the stratosphere is a little local support, I am sure that Liko will soon be responsive to a buy out.

I see PesaPal becoming the debit card of the mwanainchi where funding can be done from multiple sources.

Let us support the "next big thing"

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor