[kictanet] Government Websites down - again?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 12:40:48 EAT 2013

Sorry @Paul  K,  @Ndemo and @Kate Gitau to pick on you early in the year, but it looks like I cannot reach most of the government site (www.xxx.go.ke)

I quick ping to the following fails:

http://www.ict.go.ke/  (ICT Board site down)

or

http://www.information.go.ke/ (Ministry of Info and communication site down).

Rumour has it that it has something to do with the TEAMs cable undergoing scheduled maintenance. Pliz ?!!??...

But thank heavens our Money minting machine below has somehow managed to stay up :-)

http://www.kra.go.ke/  (Kenya Revenue up)

even though its parent ministry is down :-(

http://www.treasury.go.ke/  (Ministry of FInance down)

Ok, could someone remind me why we are the best ICT destination in East Africa and the future mother of Silicon Savannah/Konza CIty when we cannot design redundancy within our government networks?

We have guys on this list who can design redundancy for free - me included. But since it is election time, why cant my good friend Dr. Ndemo just put up an international tender for this work :-)  and then I can apply from  which Island was it again? -Cayman Island or something?

walu.