[kictanet] FW: IGF Fellowship Programme - call for candidates

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:06:54 EAT 2013

Dear Listers
The IGF secretariat has released its application for the IGF fellowship aimed at Internet Governance capacity building in developing and transitional countries. The application form is attached. Each country is expected to nominate at-least 3 candidates. The names will then be sent to the IGF secretariat for the final selection. Our own Mich and Barrack are beneficiaries of this fellowship. We therefore look forward to another Kenyan participating.
Considering that this list is multistakeholder, we would appreciate nominations from the different stakeholders.
To avoid inundating the list with too many messages, kindly write to me offline if you are interested.
With Kind RegardsGG

            IGF Fellowship Programme - call for candidates

            Date:
            Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:02:25 +0100

            From:
            Chengetai Masango <cmasango at unog.ch>

            To:
            Paul Wilson <pwilson at apnic.net>,
              fmakane at gmail.com, Hisham Aboulyazed
              <hyazed at tra.gov.eg>, lara.pace at comnet.org.mt,
              "Mark.Carvell at Culture.gsi.gov.uk CARVELL"
              <Mark.Carvell at Culture.gsi.gov.uk>, alice at apc.org,
              keith at internetnz.net.nz, judy at fossfa.net,
              andres at lacnic.net, Valeria Betancourt
              <valeriab at apc.org>, Lillian Nalwoga
              <lnalwoga at gmail.com>

            CC:
            Farzaneh BADII <fbadii at unog.ch>

      Dear All,

      I am contacting because you are registered with the IGF
        Secretariat  as the contact persons for your respective IGF
        regional  IGF initiatives.

      As you know we have a fellowship program run by the IGF
        Secretariat. Its aim is to contribute to Internet Governance
         capacity building in developing and transitional countries
      The fellows are placed with the IGF Secretariat in Geneva and
        while contributing to the work of the Secretariat gain valuable
        experience and contacts within the Internet Governance
        space. The duration of the fellowship is 3 months with the
        possibility of extension of up to 9 months. The fellow is then
        expected to return to their home country and impart the
        knowledge that they have gained during the fellowship.

      Each fellow receives a plane ticket and a stipend that should
        be enough to take care of their Geneva living expenses (It is
        not meant to cover their expenses at their place of origin as
        well)

      We would like to expand the catchment area of fellows and
        therefore would ask if the regional IGF's could form
        multistakeholder selection committees in their respective
        regions to select up to 3 prospective fellows and send their
         names, CV's and attached  P11 form to the IGF Secretariat  for
        further selection, final selection will take place in NY.   The
        list of protective candidates should be sent to fellowships at intgovforum.org.
        Please also include the date when the prospective fellow will be
        available.

      At the moment we would be grateful if you could include a
        candidate with web programming skills in the selection.
        Finalists for the fellowship programme will have to go through a
        telephone interview and will also be sent further forms to fill
        out.  It is likely that we can only have two fellows at a time
        at the Secretariat but the final number is determined by the
        availability of resources.

      If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me of
        Farzaneh cc'd above.

      Best regards

      Chengetai