[kictanet] Off topic: COFEK

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 11:21:11 EAT 2013

Bw. Ndemo,

Could be wrong but is it not primarily a matter of leadership/governance?

Does Organizational Reporting not make a big difference in Performance
Management?

If all parties involved in executing a strategy or promoting a civil
culture, do report on who is supporting/hindering their efforts, would it
not make a difference?

Reporting tools/technologies are valuable but in Kenya we view them as
expenses not as enhancers of performance.

If all we factor is expenses or kickbacks we may end up not contracting
(local) firms which can educate us on the way to go.

An IT Professional recently noted, were it not for Business Reporting, they
would put everyone in their organization on "Open Office", but as it is
they need to maintain some licenses of an Office Suite greatly enhanced by
other Business Reporting Technologies :)