[kictanet] Urgently looking for Maa speakers

Warigia Bowman warigia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:34:13 EAT 2013

Dear Kictanet members.

I need your help.

I am on the board of a really cool organization that helps digitize African
languages.  Feb 21, is International Mother Language Day. We are working
hard to get as many languages as possible up to the 100 word level, so that
we can fully demonstrate to the world what a spectacular system we've
developed.

I don't know if there is time to get Maa in as a launch language, but we
could give it a try. Check out http://kamusi.org/node/259967 to see what
will need to be done.

If this is too tight a schedule, no worries, we can get started with Maa at
any time. But I think that there will be a lot of benefit from being a
launch language, because we start fundraising with donors on Feb 22, so
languages that are in the system at that point will be the ones that are
visible as ready for support.

Is there anyone who can work on getting us at least 30 words translated
from Maa to English by this date? There *is* limited funding for this.

Get back to me soonest.

Yours, Warigia

--
Dr. Warigia Bowman
Assistant Professor
wbowman at clintonschool.uasys.edu
http://democratizingegypt.blogspot.com
View my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1479660