[kictanet] COFEK: Formalin in Milk

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Feb 5 21:17:22 EAT 2013

Thank you Dorcas for bringing the issue of milk to the list. There is
a brand in the market that has a shelf life of a month without any
refrigeration, yet it's not Ultra Heat Treated (UHT). As consumers we
should be very very scared. I've resorted to only buy milk from the
national Milk processor, since as a government owned entity, they have
no need for obscene profits gotten through illegal means.

But lets not be naive about COFEK. As many private entities go, the
highest bidder gets to call the shots. Remember the only one rule for
success ... "What's in it for me?" The consumer body will first
represents the interests of those that bankroll it, before looking for
other interests. Isn't this obvious?

That is the reason East of Nairobi has no roads to talk about, basic
amenities, e.t.c. While West of Nairobi is another London.

--
Mwendwa Kivuva