[kictanet] 3 Media houses protest Majanja's Digital Migration

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 11:46:04 EAT 2013

 Ruling

--===============0033418865==

--20cf307f3526789bdc04ee67c636

These are truly unbelievable arguments.

I'm not sure how many remember Watchman's columns in the dark days of
Telkom's monopoly when applying for a line was an excruciating process
before we brought in foreign investors to set up mobile networks.

Right now because of bickering we cannot get a working consortium of
locals to rollout LTE yet Ericsson is willing to build it for free.
Which option do you take?

This fight for protected commercial interests disguised as national
interests is subjecting us to mediocrity and inordinate delays in doing
the inevitable.

Tanzania started some time back, why should Kenya keep getting dragged
back by frivolous cases when we know the eventuality?

Let media houses concentrate on content provision, infrastructure is
not their forte.

Otherwise Signet, just like Multichoice Kenya, is a partnership of KBC
and multichoice and I think DsTV works fine just as Signet will.

KTN, NTV and CTV should invest in and distribute as many set top boxes
not aligned to either signal distributor as possible.

That will ensure their viewers move with them.

James

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Ohaga JB