[kictanet] 3 Media houses protest Majanja's Digital Migration Ruling

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Wed Dec 25 10:27:29 EAT 2013

This is the same corruption issues disguised as 'competitive' tender...

Look at it this way, you want Kenya's airwaves to be digital. On one hand
you get a national parastatal which performs below average on the other
hand a foreign company.

We all know KBC wouldn't perform, so we will have our key national
broadcast handled by a foreign firm. If some guy in China pushes a certain
button, we could get a complete news blackout. Is that not a serious
security risk that ought to have mitigated against during the bid
requirements stage?

Now my hypothesis, the Chinese got this since the ones handling the tender
could not get kickbacks from either KBC nor from the Kenyan consortium that
generally operates in an industry where they dont have to pay kickbacks.
With the incoming new government the ones handling the tender, had to line
their pockets quick. Damn national interests!

But, we are where we are and them TV stations have been down for a number
of days, interestlingly enough I havent noticed!

Merry Xmas.

Waithaka Ngigi

Alliance Technologies
Nairobi, Kenya