[kictanet] . Fwd: UPDATE ON NEW TRAFFIC LAWS FROM YOUR SAMBAU TEAM

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Wed Dec 11 14:19:10 EAT 2013

The laws may be well-intended; our corrupt "culture" isn't supportive.

As my friend says: the higher the fines, the higher the bargaining power for the police. Often, they will ask to be "met halfway", making the argument that "you eat where you work"; and that sending money to Treasury will be "eaten anyway by Kenyans like you". Simple: you are a Kenyan like those that will eat it out there! Eat!

That is my country 50 years down the road.

But the laws mean well ... we just need to change.
Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Manage your ICT risks! We are the experts you need! The trusted partners you deserve!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 (Canada) +254-20-267-0743 (Kenya) or info at aganoconsulting.com
Licensed by Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK)
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.