[kictanet] Laying fiber alongside Roads / Buildings under construction should be compulsory - in Africa!

Bob Omondi omondibob at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:56:08 EAT 2013

Dear Listers,

This is a subject that really troubles me.

Today, Africa is the destination for mega infrastructure projects
especially in Roads and Building Construction. "Real Estate Boom" in now a
common term in our continent and even bigger in Kenya.

But I still don't understand why we would spend a fortune to put up
magnificent roads and buildings (of course sewer lines. water pipes and
basic drainage along the roads are usually sorted out) and forget to lay
fiber cables - the cheapest of the ingredients! In my opinion, this is a
mistake that can be stopped!

What needs to be done to change this?

Regards
Bob.