[kictanet] On ICT Board & the New ICTA

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Wed Aug 21 10:57:18 EAT 2013

Muraya

The extent of Diaspora engagement need is a matter of opinion. I just think that we are awfully under-utilizing their potential and networks. Period.
And who says that a Kenyan in the Diaspora cannot participate in the so called 95%+++ that is required to be done here? Haven't we seen Kenyan entities, including government, hire expatriates for awfully large sums of money and know what: some of those expatriates are of questionable competency for reasons that most companies (I know I have worked in some of them) would deploy their cheapest resources to maximize profit. Quietly, some admit this but, in typical colonial mentality, it is good appearances to have that Mzungu do the job rather than an Onyango or Kamau or ... of similar or even superior competency.

I am not into names and I did reserve judgement in the case of the ICT Board; let there be an objective audit upon which we can rely otherwise what we all say is a matter of perception. Is it the reality? I don't know.

Let others speak on this matter but regardless of who takes the helm of what: please let there be an objective to serve Kenyans rather than as a means of access to the eating table.
Have a good midweek.
Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  http://www.aganoconsulting.com/; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Manage your ICT risks! We are the experts you need! The trusted partners you deserve!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 (Canada) +254-20-267-0743 (Kenya) or info at aganoconsulting.com
Licensed by Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK)
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.