[kictanet] ICT BOARD - ANY LESSONS TO LEARN

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 16:59:50 EAT 2013

Interesting... The Chinese would tell you that we are already living in
interesting times.

I have always said that we cannot purport to build and BPO industry unless
we work hard to build our capacities. India and S. Korea are not IT
powerhouses because they built technology cities. They went out of their
way to train their people. They invested in people. Those people work for
Western companies while in their homes, or they go there and work and
repatriate their income. They also innovate and produce products that earn
their countries foreign exchange. They don't train University and Tertiary
students on 10 packages at Ksh 5,000. They teach them the hard stuff! They
dont teach them how to deploy packaged software, but how to develop their
own software. I hope that the new ICTA will keep this in mind.

Kind Regards,
Evans Ikua,*
lanetconsulting.com,
lpi-eastafrica.org,