[kictanet] Laptop project: www.NI3C.net

Ray Keller raykeller8 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 10:17:22 EAT 2013

@Japheth
@Matogo
@Barnabas
@Listers --- Please share your views.
@Government Officials --- Please advise as to why there is no mention of
testing in the actual RFP procedures and award criteria.

Please advise.

a) What's the role of www.NI3C.net? Site is now down, but the stakeholders
were told at the forum that any/all solutions will be piloted in the real
schools and will be tested by NI3C. Steps mentioned were
1)   Solution/Devices will be submitted to NI3C
2)   Solution will be adjusted based on NI3C findings
3)   School teachers will be trained
4)   Solution/Devices will be tested for a minimum of 4 weeks by NI3C in
the real schools

I hope that some one isn't changing the NI3C testing manual overnight to
align with the RFP. :)

b) MoE has spent so much money on setting up National Innovation and ICT
Integration Center at Kenya Science. NI3C has been testing all sorts of
solutions since it's inception.

Why would the actual selected solution, methodology, devices will NOT go
through the testing procedure before spending 15 Billion Ksh?

Are we setting us up for failure? just like the devices ordered by IEBC
failed in the real use and created so much chaos.

Ray