[kictanet] Laptop project: Pre-bid Conference

Japheth kemboi kipkirui2002tz at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 06:59:27 EAT 2013

I would like to second the thoughts of Ray here.

With due credit to the people who crafted the whole process, I seriously hope there were no steps missed or any willful blindness . This is a very expensive project and such mistakes can be detrimental.

Training of teachers must be thoroughly conducted - not only use of computers but content design and development for digital instruction, management of blended learning, hardware maintenance, etc. with out leaving out the change management part.

I foresee chaos on the first day of computer use in class pivoted by the excitement of the teacher and the students alike.

I am not sure if std 1 or primary shool teachers receive any IT training in college. Maybe this should be a mandatory requirement in syllabi.

Just my thoughts.

Kipkirui.
Digital Links Tanzania.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android