[kictanet] WIRING AFRICA FOR SURVEILLANCE OR MONEY?

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sun Aug 11 12:12:28 EAT 2013

The West is running helter skelter like a headless chicken. Although
the Chinese have an agenda for Africa (positive or negative), the West
is not very impressed with Chinese dominance in the region. Why is the
West not complaining of the surveilance network they have build in
Africa? Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and massive cloud infrustructure -
this are all conduits used in the PRISM saga.

But again, do we care about our privacy and security? Do we encrypt
our communication? How often do our governments use say gmail or yahoo
for critical communication?

NB: Using Huawei or ZTE technologies in the region is inevitable
moreso because of the low cost, and financing offered by the Chinese.

Kenya is actually moving full blast to the East