[kictanet] Why Barr the Media from PS Interviews?

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.ca
Tue Apr 30 07:31:34 EAT 2013

Listers,

Can someone explain the logic of the Chair of PSC barring the media from interviews of Principal Secretaries? Aren't they public servants who are supposed to be vetted publicly even with citizens giving their submissions?

Judges, commissioners of various commissions were vetted publicly infront of "live" media cameras, why not PS' ? What are they shielding? The argument that interview questions will be known by others does not fly, the same argument would also have applied to judges, commissioners etc, but it did not. If you're good you're good and we'll see it (otherwise, you appear too "rehearsed" when you cram interview responses")

Where's citizen participation which is enshrined in the constitution? I think these are the kind of issues that COFEK needs to take up, Mutoro?

Edith