[kictanet] ICANN Newsletter -- 26 April 2013

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Mon Apr 29 19:15:57 EAT 2013

      ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

*http://www.icann.org/* *Week ending 26 April 2013*

        Announcements This Week

*ICANN to Open Istanbul Hub
<http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/releases/release-25apr13-en.pdf>*
[PDF, 104 KB]
*/Istanbul, Turkey.../* ICANN President and Chief Executive Officer Fadi
Chehadé today announced the organization will open its first hub office
in Istanbul, Turkey.

*New gTLD Board Committee Consideration of GAC Safeguard Advice
<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-23apr13-en.htm>*
To solicit input on how the New gTLD Board Committee should address GAC
advice regarding safeguards applicable to broad categories of New gTLD
strings.

*Proposed Final 2013 RAA
<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-22apr13-en.htm>*
After an extended period of negotiations, ICANN is posting a Proposed
Final 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) for public comment.

        Upcoming Events

14 - 18 July 2013: 47th International Public ICANN Meeting - Durban
<http://durban47.icann.org/> *14 - 18 July 2013: 47th International
Public ICANN Meeting - Durban <http://durban47.icann.org/>*

        About ICANN

*ICANN Bylaws <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>*

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of
security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be
open and transparent. Learn more at *www.ICANN.org <http://www.icann.org/>*.

*Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015 <http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>*

*Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budge
<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>*