[kictanet] Laptops for 2014 class 1 entrants - fears

Gilda Odera godera at skyweb.co.ke
Tue Apr 23 19:15:16 EAT 2013

James,

You have missed my point!
I fully agree with all you are saying and I stated so in my email. What I am saying is that given where we are as a country we CANNOT afford to ignore mid term gains and we have read in this list what it did for the Bernards of this world. Yes, the long term gains in the next 12years (when the standard one student finishes O level and can now out things into real practice) will be excellent for the nation BUT we must put in measures in place for the mid term gains by not ignoring these young students in high school who are already hungry for more...in fact four years is less than mid-term. A balance is definitely needed here.

Regards,

Gilda Odera