[kictanet] Fred Matiangi, Cabinet Secretary for ICT

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 22:06:42 EAT 2013

+ 1

From: george at afrinic.net
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 21:40:33 +0400
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Fred Matiangi, Cabinet Secretary for ICT
CC: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
To: ggithaiga at hotmail.com

I think there has been a lot of lobbying, even though of course the guys promised to give the jobs to 'proper' technocrats. We know that we were being duped, somewhat, because these are political appointments. I think Matiangi has been leading, among other projects, the televising of parliament, if I am not wrong. As someone alluded here, again speculatively, he was (and perhaps still is) very close to a very senior Kisii politician. And due to the monster called 'ethnic balancing', Dr Ndemo will most likely be moved to another department, if all. But he is still welcome at the University of Nairobi where he can contribute a lot. What I am sure though is that Dr Ndemo has been brilliant, and hope he can still retain his position (wishful thinking, perhaps!) irrespective of where the Secretary comes from.
George

Dr George Nyabuga
Head, Communications and PR, AFRINIC Ltd.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 67 58 | w: www.afrinic.net | tt: @afrinic
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia _______________________________Join us at AFRINIC-18 (Africa Internet Summit)
Lusaka, Zambia 9 – 21 June 2013 - http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-18

On Apr 23, 2013, at 9:17 PM, Brian Munyao Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com> wrote:Haiya,
Statehouse is digital! CVs within minutes of the announcement, let me adjust my seat, this looks like it will be an exciting 5 years!