[kictanet] Can Kenya (and Africa emulate the IIT (India Institutes of Technology) Strategy?

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Apr 23 07:16:14 EAT 2013

Brian

:-) Pole brother to disappoint you..I am a private sector guy who will
remain in the private sector. :-)

I think the PS position is currently ably filled by Dr.Ndemo and we in the
private sector should give him all the support that he requires to take
this great country to greater heights.

Seriously though, all the efforts being made in infrastructure development,
Regulation and private sector initiatives will be well and truly supported
by a vibrant, competitive and world class education ecosystem. What's key
is that this is engrained very early on in the educational development of
our children.

Remembering what Kioko of Bernsoft shared with us a few days ago, imagine
what he would have achieved beyond what he has right now if he had gotten
an opportunity to further his passion beyond Starehe through one of these
Kenya Institutes of Technology (KITs)?

Ali Hussein

*Ali Hussein*

*CEO, 3mice interactive media ltd*

*Partner, Telemedia Africa Ltd
*

Tel: +254713601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

LinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Blog: www.alyhussein.com

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.