[kictanet] Laptops for 2014 class 1 entrants

Gilda Odera godera at skyweb.co.ke
Thu Apr 11 12:08:34 EAT 2013

Valid point Edith- kids cannot be taken for a ride. I rest my case on that issue on this regard- promises must be kept. But how do we get the high school students included? In my view they need it even more and the country does need this lot to kick into usage of ICT at this stage and not after O level surely! Yet I doubt the budgets will allow this- or can it? I still do wish it was structured differently so they start with high school students then roll out to primary once this capacity is established. I assure you we would see amazing innovations by the time they finish form 4 and we would see great strides in self employment- unemployment is bursting on the seams. Can they think of both then?

Gilda