[kictanet] Laptops for 2014 class 1 entrants

Harry Hare harry at africanedevelopment.org
Wed Apr 10 11:49:28 EAT 2013

Hey Walu et al,

I do not expect the President to have answers to your questions below. You
know the workings in government, what has been made is a high level policy
pronouncement now it will be unto the technocrats like yourself to craft a
working strategy and plan for this to work.

I expect that a team within the Ministry (may be include KIE and the ICT
Integration Unit) will be set up to work on the detail of how to deliver
this policy. And on your point "1", shouldn't we be targeting IT for
Eduction and not IT education? Why would yu need an IT curriculum for class
one?

Kindest Regards

Harry Hare

Director  |  African eDevelopment Resource Centre
PO Box 49475 00100 | Nairobi, Kenya
Tel +254 20 4041646  |  Cel +254 725 650044