[kictanet] Laptops for 2014 class 1 entrants

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 07:56:05 EAT 2013

Hi,

I like the confirmation by the President - sworn and his deputy on the issue of laptops for class 1 students from next year, it is commendable and quite easily achievable but as ICT experts are laptops the ideal items or would low power touchscreen tablets be more practical and appropriate?  However .com that the two principles are I suspect that they might not be up to speed on devices.

Here again for the umpteenth time the opportunity for us to become relevant presents itself, shall we take action or sit back to carry out a forensic analysis when only 80% of the students get the devices?

Regards

PS.  A new dispensation, a new dedication and new vigor

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200