[kictanet] ICT Value to the Counties

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 09:13:07 EAT 2013

Hi Dennis,

I object to the insinuation that the traffic lights are just like the cops and as the official representative of the voiceless traffic lights I insist that you retract that statement otherwise we shall have no alternative but to go to the supreme court to have you censored.

The traffic lights actually take the traffic flow differences into consideration and change accordingly based on the time of day and day of the week which is why when it gets to 9 o'clock they switch to flashing amber, at least the ones near NSSF Towers do.

The lights follow the program provided to them unfortunately the cops have not been issued with one and instead wait for Maina Kageni seated in the studio miles away from the problem to call their boss on his Hot line who then uses that as a presidential directive and sends down the same to the cops on the ground.

Transcript:

Driver Matatu 23:  Kageni hi jam hapa museum hill ni noma haijasonga for almost 1 hour

Maina Kageni:  Let me call the traffic commandant on his mobile and ask him to do something, keep listening to ******** FM

Traffic Commandant:  Wewe Wagombe fungulia hizi kari za kutoka Kangemi wame pikia Maina Kageni na sitaki PRO akinipigia makelele

Wagombe:  Dio afande wacha ni wa fungulie, tafadhali pigia Wafula pale University Way na Wasipukulu Kenyatta Avenue pia wafungiulie kwa, sina credit na sijalipa Okoa Jahazi ya jana

What is so peculiar about Kenya that we cannot install and config traffic lights yet we claim to be the worlds technology solution destination?

Regards

PS.  Just for your information, we did a project on traffic lights for the science congress in 1986 when I was in high school.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200