[kictanet] Opinion Technology, transparency, and the Kenyan general election of 2013

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 2 15:31:15 EAT 2013

Walu,

Why are you being conservative with the truth, the electronic tallying system you are hyping was multiplying the spoilt votes by a factor, I believe, of 8.

If we have no way to audit and vet an electronic system it becomes a million times worse than a manual system, at least we had the manual documents to fall back to.

Please note that even though the CJ was carrying a xPAD he still kept reading from printed paper.

Regards

PS.  The next 100 million that KICT Board decides to spend on competitions should be for electronic voter registration, voter verification and electronic tallying systems, we do not need a replacement for mPesa as it works just fine for our basic requirements.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200