[kictanet] ISACA Kenya AGM and elections ongoing...

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Sep 24 10:17:34 EAT 2012

I want to commend ISACA Kenya for holding elections after every two years.
Very dynamic organisation, with good future growth.

That is a very diplomatic way of approaching the CSK issue Mr. Walubengo.

It is an open secret that most associations are registered to serve
interests of  individuals with the associations masquerading as community
owned. Their characteristics are the same.
1. Donkey years with the same secretariat.
2. Tyrannical leadership.
3. Association as a personal belonging. Used to serve personal interests
and advance personal agendas.
4. censorship
5. Change = Death, not life

Look at the more successful professional bodies LSK, ICPAK, AAK, KDA, NNAK,
and ACEK. Their success is there for all to see. It is time for ICT
industrial leaders to increase their lobbying for legislation through
parliament for a body that governs/oversees ICT professionals in the lines
of The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) Act (Chapter 18 of the Laws of Kenya) of
1948 and its revision of 30th October 1992, and  the Accountants Act CAP
531 of 1978 and it's revision In 2008, Accountants Act No. 15

This has been raised before by different intelligentsia and we hope it will
gain traction.

On 22 September 2012 13:51, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As the outgoing Vice-Chair for www.isaca.or.ke am very plsed to be
> witnessing the ongoing elections at the Lillian Towers. Very promising
> candidates volunteering to step into what i hope were our 'big'shoes :-)
>
> Which reminds me, Dr. Waudo, when did you say you shall hold the AGM for
> Computer Society of Kenya? I know Yawe has been probing but you have kept
> this data close to your heart...:-)
>
> walu.

Mwendwa Kivuva
For