[kictanet] SharePoint Saturday Nairobi - Sept 15, 2012

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:07:54 EAT 2012

Michael,

There is no formal MS Exchange User Group in Nairobi, Kenya.

Such a group would be comprised of MS Exchange Admins | Messaging
Technology Professionals.

http://www.mecisback.com

_____________________________________

*About SharePoint Saturday*

This was the first outside South Africa. We plan to organize it once per
year.

It is not a Microsoft Kenya event but they are expected to co-sponsor much
of it.

A Nairobi SharePoint User Group (SPUG) was formed at the September 15,
2012, SharePoint Saturday Nairobi event.

Non technical Department Heads or Project Managers can participate in
SharePoint User Group meets.

Unlike MS Exchange, much of SharePoint is directly controlled by end users
and this causes more organizational friction (politics) if not efficiency.

Most organizations use in depth only 2 or 3 (of 6) major features of
SharePoint.

SharePoint deployments / projects become more political (likely to fail)
when focused assessing / exposing organizational performance.

As such, *monthly* Nairobi SPUG meets will also discuss some sociology /
psychology of projects.

www.sharepointsaturday.org/nairobi