[kictanet] Microsoft Official Statement

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 22:29:58 EAT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Lavinniah Muthoni (Human Capital
Synergies) <v-lavinm at microsoft.com> wrote:

>  *Please see below Microsoft’s official company statement in response to
> the Open Source Vs Proprietary Software.*
>
> ** **
>
> The open source versus proprietary software debate is no longer relevant.
> Most customers today operate diverse environments and simply want their
> technology to work together well, hence the need to focus on
> interoperability. At Microsoft, we help customers optimize their existing
> IT infrastructure while also transitioning to new technologies. We help
> solve their interoperability challenges and find efficient and cost
> effective solutions for their mixed IT environments.****
>
> ** **
>
> Microsoft’s commitment to ‘openness’ also supports developers and
> partners. We have built close partnerships with the PHP, Apache, and Linux
> open source communities. (According to the Linux Foundation<http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-media/announcements/2012/04/linux-foundation-releases-annual-linux-development-report>,
> Microsoft is ranked as a top contributor to Linux.) ****
>
> ** **
>
> Customers are at the heart of our approach. We enable customers to deploy
> and manage solutions in environments that integrate Microsoft and open
> source technologies. Multiple engineering teams at Microsoft actively
> participate in open source projects and share the common industry view that
> software users will continue to see a mixed IT and development environment
> for years to come****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> *Kind Regards,*
>
> *Lavinniah Muthoni | Public Relations & Events Manager | Microsoft East
> and Southern Africa | Phone* +254 20 286 8245 *| Mobile* +254 735414028 *|
> Fax* +254 20 272 2999 * |* *Office* 7th Floor, I & M Bank Building, 2nd
> Ngong Avenue, Capital Hill, P.O. Box 64736, 00620 Nairobi, Kenya *| *

Official statement, like this one, say nothing. They are like "we
responded". However nothing is specific. If only this could align, even
sightly, with what Paul Roy was quoted as saying, then we'd really know
Microsoft's stand, better than this self-healing one. Anyway, much as this
is calculated not to betray the official position, it serves to dispel the
apparent fire that Paul Roy lit via the press.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,