[kictanet] The State Of Internet Access In Our Schools & Kenya’s Global Ranking In A Hyper-Connected World

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Tue Sep 18 05:55:29 EAT 2012

Listers

Last week I visited a school run by an NGO called New Dawn Kenya www.newdawnkenya.com. The school is in an informal settlement in the affluent Runda residential area. The appetite for education and knowledge among the students was a thing of beauty to see. These are extremely disadvantaged young people with an insatiable thirst for knowledge.

What struck home for me was that the majority of them had never accessed information on the Internet. This issue is an emotional one for me. As a hyper-connected Kenyan I have always taken for granted access to the Internet for the last few years. Over the last few years Internet usage and penetration levels have increased phenomenally.

Read on:

http://alyhussein.com/2012/09/the-state-of-internet-access-in-our-schools-kenyas-global-ranking-in-a-hyper-connected-world/

Ali Hussein

+254 773/713 601113