[kictanet] Konza Techno Park Launch?

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Thu Sep 13 10:22:44 EAT 2012

Edith,
Thanks for asking. Konza has never been and will never be a pipe dream.
We are progressing well.  We have the Master Planner in place. We had a
small problem with physical planning with respect to approvals as per the
physical planning act.  These requiirements will be met by the end of the
month.  We also have Konza Authority in place.  You need the institutional
framework in place to ensure succession planning.  We have several
partners who we are at different stages of partnerships.  God willing we
should break ground next month. This is dependent on the schedule of our
guest of honour.

I am more optimistic now that the project will be a reality but as usual
local participation lags behind.  This has always been our culture.  We'd
rather wait and complain that we were left out than be trail blazers.
Nevertheless, we shall succeed with the few who have expressed interest.

Ndemo.