[kictanet] ISP Advertising Standards: Open Letter to CCK

Areba Collins [ @BrainiacKE ® ] arebacollins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:52:05 EAT 2012

Hello listers,
Im following this from a discussion in the other list from one Kelvin, his
assertions were:

I think we need to as a group write a couple of recommendations for the CCK
> to rein in ISPs especially how they advertise. This could cover aspects
> such as :-
>

>    - Proper disclosure to customers on speeds i.e should Orange advertise
>    21mbps and get away with it
>    - Outline whether its shared
>    - Provide figures for the FUP
>    - Disclose whether or not inernet is unlimited
>
> There are some things you wouldnt get away with the FCC in the US .
>
> What are your thoughts ?
>
> Kevin

I need to hear what CCK has to say about this, I would very much preffer
ISP companies to give full disclosure of what they are selling , using a
standardized nomenclature. Could someone please advise if this is
enforceable?

Regards,

--
*“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of