[kictanet] Fibre cuts & spying

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 15:01:38 EAT 2012

Hi,

Over the weekend I happened to be glued in front of the idiot tube (say a lot about me) while surfing channels on my newly acquired StarTimes digital channels I came across a technology program that was covering the structure of a submarine cable.

A cross section of a modern submarine communications cable.
1 – Polyethylene
2 – Mylar tape
3 – Stranded steel wires
4 – Aluminium water barrier
5 – Polycarbonate
6 – Copper or aluminium tube
7 – Petroleum jelly
8 – Optical fibers
While watching the issue of the marine cable being cut ump tine times came back to me and I thought how exactly did such a re-enforced cable cut.  Then today I see an article about spying on internet users after putting 2 and 2 together my conspiracy mind took over and I wondered was there really a cut in the cables or was it a snooping implementation that went temporarily wrong and the only way our was a total rebuild.

In all the times that the marine cables have been cut, note that all 3 have been cut at some time, at no time have we been shown any photographic footage of the severed cable and neither have we seen the repair submarine being lowered into the sea as it proceeds to repair the cable.

The only way an anchor can pull the cable to separation is if the cable is laid across the channel, but I believe that from the stories that we have been peddled it actually runs along the channel which means that the most that an anchor can do is move it off from the edge.

I refuse to accept the argument that the anchor fell on the cable, 3 different times, unless the cable is magnetized and therefore attracts the anchor.

Conspiracy ?, fact ? - you decide.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor