[kictanet] Digital TV migration postponement

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 17:25:04 EAT 2012

Hi David,

The statics are that about 120,000 DVB 2 decoders have been sold in the local market, Startimes has sold 40,000 units, GoTV about 60,000 which leave the balance of 20,000 sold by the free to air vendors, lets do the math

(2,999/=+3,999/-+6,500/-)/2 = 4,499/- still a far cry away from the 6.500/- that you and the DG would like us to believe is the cost of a decoder.

Startimes is in over 12 major towns in the country which means a reach of 60% of the population with electricity therefore again the DG is being conservative with the truth.

The reality is that the Media Owners Association which the Minister had indicated will not be getting a transmission license have finally done the Kenyan thing to get the issue revisited.

Regards

PS.  Any guns for hire trying to call me please be advised that I have installed a recording device in my phone.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200