[kictanet] Digital TV migration postponement

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 17:14:57 EAT 2012

I could have missed some detail on this but do help me understand better if you can:

1.       How many, and who are the licensed distributors of the top boxes in Kenya - There are 2 digital transmission providers Pan African & Signet (a.k.a KBC), Startimes & GoTV (a.k.a MultiChoice) who offer decoders with subscription charges, Professional Digital SYSTEMS Ltd & Microville Solutions Ltd are licensed to supply decoders and offer free to air channels

2.       How do the prices charged by the current provider comparable to providers in other countries, e.g.  India (who switched to digital a few days ago with top boxes costing average $20) - No idea, the Startimes decoder is 2,999/- and the GoTV one is 3,999/ inclusive of 3 months subscription

3.       Are the top boxes tax exempt? Yes

Regards,

Edwin