[kictanet] Who controls the internet?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:14:21 EAT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:47 AM, George Nyabuga <george at afrinic.net> wrote:
> An interesting article in The Guardian, quoting, among others, our own Alice
> Munyua. But what the listers make of it?

I find it interesting that the author takes the position that various
folks are attacking the ITU,
when in fact it is the ETNO proposal that is being criticized.

The ETNO proposal is in fact an "attack" upon the current Internet
charging scheme.

Imagine if Nakumatt got paid by manufacturers for stocking products on
its shelves
AND got paid by consumers for purchasing them.

That's what ETNO is hoping for for their industry.

--
Cheers,

McTim