[kictanet] Who controls the internet?

George Nyabuga george at afrinic.net
Thu Oct 18 14:18:25 EAT 2012

Ali, et al.,

I think Africa is a stakeholder, and its voice must be heard. We live in a highly globalised world, and no one voice, actor should dominate or control the Internet. While we may not have any position, trying to reposition ourselves based on the situation would be perilous given the various (vested) interests. I think there is need to have a position based on informed consensus. These are my views, and not those of AFRINIC.

Best,

George

Dr George Nyabuga                                                 Tel:   +230 403 51 00
Head, Communications and PR, AFRINIC           Fax:  +230 466 67 58
george at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net

Join us at AFRINIC-17 for our Public Policy Meeting in Khartoum, Sudan, on 24 – 29 November 2012