[kictanet] The Danger of Celebritizing Entrepreneurship

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 08:43:45 EAT 2012

agree - oft times we see people on "top 10", "most watched" etc lists
mostly because of the noise they make rather than the actual value
created or innovation.  I believe there are many unsung entrepreneurs
we do not hear about since they are more focused on doing stuff rather
than making noise about the little they do.  The sad thing is that
they miss out on investor opportunities while the "Paris Hilton"
entrepreneurs attract investors/attention ...

On 12 October 2012 22:22, Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke> wrote:
> Robert
>
> This is apt and timely. The thing though is to find a balance to ensure that
> the real entrepreneurs rise above the noise.
>
> Regards
>
> Ali Hussein
>
> +254 773/713 601113
>
> Sent from my iPhone®
>
> On Oct 12, 2012, at 9:00 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> This is an interesting article that explains the comprenuers (competition
> entrepreneurs) bug that is affecting so many of our brilliant minds
>
> http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/10/the_danger_of_celebritizing_en.html
>
> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd