[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] Intermediary Liability Study - Great demonstration of leadership

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Wed Oct 10 19:45:46 EAT 2012

I wish to thank all those who took the time to participate and
contribute to the internet intermediary liability breakfast meeting this
morning and everyone who has submitted online comments on the report.
We had vibrant discussions and very valuable feedback on the draft
report and great recommendations and proposals for way forward for not
only the study, but the general direction this initiative should take.
I wish to thank TESPOK, CCK, Kenya ICT board and UNESCO for the concrete
commitments made, ranging from supporting various stakeholder
discussions/meetings to continue discussions on possible legal and
regulatory framework for internet intermediaries, to support for
capacity building (internet law) and a dedicated portal for continued
discussions.

Special thanks to Dr. Bitange Ndemo for hosting the meeting

We will share the meeting report, recommendations and way forward as
well as well as the revised research report.

Best
Alice