[kictanet] Discussion intermediary liability in Kenya

Chip Sharp (chsharp) chsharp at cisco.com
Wed Oct 3 15:16:12 EAT 2012

Alice,

As always, I am encouraged by the vibrant debate and process I see on kictanet.

My apologies if this has already been posted, but below please find a link to an OECD Workshop on the topic:
"Expert Workshop on The Role of Internet Intermediaries in Advancing Public Policy Objectives"  (Paris, 16 June 2010)
http://www.oecd.org/sti/interneteconomy/expertworkshopontheroleofinternetintermediariesinadvancingpublicpolicyobjectivesparis16june2010.htm

This page has been updated with links to a book on the subject published in 2011 and Parts 1 and 2 of their study on the matter.
  "The Economic and Social Role of Internet intermediaries" [DSTI/ICCP(2009)9/FINAL],
  "The Role of Internet Intermediaries in Advancing Public Policy Objectives" [DSTI/ICCP(2010)11/FINAL]

It might be useful also to view the Civil Society Information Society Advisory Council (http://csisac.org) comments:
https://www.eff.org/document/csisac-comments-oecd-internet-intermediaries

I know this is a lot of reading in a very busy time but thought it might be useful food for thought.

Thanks,
Chip

**Disclaimer:  The views expressed in this email are my personal views and do not represent the views of Cisco Systems or any other organization or delegation to which I might belong.**