[kictanet] CCK delays call rate cuts ‘to avoid clash with Kibaki’

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Oct 1 11:06:37 EAT 2012

Grace

Is there a way we can get a copy of this interim report?

I still contend though that when a business model needs to be repaired the last place one needs to g is to the regulator to resolve the issue. Consumers have long voted with their wallets and it doesn't matter what the government does, they will still do what's best for them.

I humbly submit that the telco/ISP space is now deep into the vagaries of the Network effect and  no amount of intervention from the regulator will solve this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

Unless I'm mistaken these MTRs only involve call termination rates right? Telcos will do well to stop beating a dead horse and move on to the automotive (read data and value added services). There's a reason why we all (or the majority of us at least) stay with Safaricom.

I suspect though that this fight for the cash cow of voice will continue...

Ali Hussein

+254 773/713 601113

Sent from my iPad