[kictanet] Not all are cut out for business

Agosta Liko agostal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:20:45 EAT 2012

Njeri Rionge had asked me to speak about the private equity and venture
capital industry in Africa – which I write about on www.africa-assets.com –
and the nascent ICT industry in Kenya at her Ignite ‘Scaling Your Business
Upwards Summit’ last week in Nairobi. I gave the participants a short
overview of the private equity sector and looked at some of the issues that
particular affect SMEs considering that kind of investment. Making the link
to Kenya’s nascent ICT industry, I argued that I expected to see far more
traction in those companies who don’t get that much enthusiastic media
coverage, and who also don’t run from pitch event and competition to the
next.

read on

http://www.the-star.co.ke/business/andrea-bohnstedt/95989-not-all-are-cut-out-for-business