[kictanet] Syria shuts down Internet? How can we stop this from happening again?

Warigia Bowman warigia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 05:54:51 EAT 2012

Dear Kictanet List,

Please see the work by Jean Camp and Warigia Bowman on how to "Protect the
Internet from Dictators: Technical and Policy Solutions to Ensure Online
Freedoms. This paper is particularly timely given today's events, since
Syria is one of the countries we analyze. Can you please help us to figure
out what technology we missed, or in what areas our analysis could be
improved? Many thanks.
*
You can find and download our work here*

*http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2101677*
*
Here is the permalink *

*http://ssrn.com/abstract=2101677