[kictanet] Data Protection Law | Practicalities

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:48:48 EAT 2012

Important info here:

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2012/11/violence-prone-areas-mapped-action-underway/

A digital media professional recently told me when they go out to record or
picture hardship areas they do inform the government (security personnel)
of trouble (violence) they note brewing in certain locations.

As law enforcement data is digitized and law enforcement processes are
automated, much criminal evidence (electronically distributed) will be
stored in data centers.

Information that gets to the top / security chain of command in a week or
month for action will be available to them in a day or two if not at their
fingertips in a minute or two.

There will be threats to our local data centers. Data centers require
military grade security and distribution all over the country. What is our
plan? Who will secure our facilities? The Regular Police? the GSU? the
Department of Defense? All of them plus others working together?

How does the Data Protection Law we are formulating factor Physical
Security / Distribution?