[kictanet] Courier charges set to rise over Xmas as regulator protects Posta monopoly

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Nov 20 23:58:34 EAT 2012

Thank you GG for this post. It's a good move by CCK although I don't
see the need for price caps for such a competitive industry. As a
business man I will always seek the best and fastest courier
especially when transporting time sensitive documents like tenders. I
am assured that the many transport companies like buses and matatus
will deliver my parcels on time since they have many vehicles plying
the towns in a single day than the Posta delivery vans. Setting
minimum prices ensures that my cost of doing business is high, thus
driving up the price of doing business, the domino effect being
driving up the cost of living.
If Posta cannot be competitive enough, they should wind up their business.

--
Mwendwa Kivuva