[kictanet] How this happened (How Obama used Technology to stay ahead during the campaign)

Sam Aguyo saguyo at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 12:40:31 EAT 2012

Dear Listeners,
Open Data should be linked to the National System of Innovation. Wearing
another hat of being a teacher, asked students what there sources of
information is and whether they have heard of open data, all were in negative
which is a cause for worry. I agree with Paul that there is invaluable
information on the Open data which people are not aware of or are aware of but
do not understand how to derive the benefits.  What we currently have for those who are knowledgeable, should be able
to derive benefits.  I would not be surprised
that there are offshore organisations that use Open data making for example very
targeted marketing in the country.
For any innovation to be pervasive we need a closely knit relationship
among entrepreneurs, government research institutions and universities.
Paul just wondering whether you have made efforts to educate the
universities on the availability of Open data as a resource and how best to
benefit from it.

Sam