[kictanet] Elective office

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 08:21:49 EAT 2012

Hi,

I am taking a liberty by making this post which might seem unrelated to the ICT sector but is, yesterday I received the message below from my barber,

"Dear friends! I here by kindly invite you for a goat eating party on 18/11/2012 at 2pm towards fund raising for my campaigns for a county rep. of Kiuu ward, githurai 45, Ruiru costituency, Kiambu county. The venue will be at Tembo restaurant opp. Lisar school. Steve Luruma the aspirant. Welcome"

I believe he can win the election and from our regular sessions, over the past 5 or more years, his ideas are well articulated and have been consistent.  His profession allows him to interact with peoples of all walks of life (my previous barber was also Matiba's barber but do I say) giving him a more holistic view of issues from different perspectives.

If Steve is able to raise the required party nomination fees and wins the election who will be cutting my hair, any recommendations?

Regards

PS. Which is your ward, who is your current representative, what is their role, who are the aspirants and would you offer yourself if asked by the people?

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200