[kictanet] For civil society looking to join govt delegations to WCIT

Ory Okolloh ookolloh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:22:54 EAT 2012

(any news on the Kenya position yet by the way from CCK? )

See below:

Hi all,

Apologies for cross-posting. I wanted to share some new WCIT advocacy
resources from Access. We have just released a sample letter for civil
society groups to request to join a national delegation to WCIT. We are
encouraging civil society who want to participate in WCIT to adapt this
language as appropriate in writing to their governments.

Here's the link to the letter:
https://www.accessnow.org/page/-/docs/Sample%20Letter%20to%20request%20to%20join%20a%20WCITdelegation.pdf?redirected

Here's a link to find the appropriate contact point in your government:
http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/mm/scripts/mm.list?_search=ITUstates&_languageid=1

Additionally, we have developed talking points and a letter to request to a
national consultation. These documents are now available in English,
French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Dutch, Bulgarian, and Polish.

We encourage you to circulate these resources widely and let us know if
you've found them useful.

Best regards,
Deborah

--